Last modified: March 12, 2019
- On Electriqpower.com;
- Through the “Energy Management System”;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site; and
- Through a mobile application you download from this Site or through the “Energy Management System”, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Site.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Electriq Power offline or through any other means, including on any other site operated by the Company or any third party (including Electriq Power affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including Electriq Power affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age and no one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Sites. Electriq Power does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 and if Electriq Power discovers the collection or receipt of personal information from a child under 13, it will be deleted. If you believe Electriq Power has any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as provided for in the Contact Information section below.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Electriq Power collects several types of information from and about users of the Site, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE SITE COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW (“Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your home electricity usage, your utility and/or solar provider and other information about your home’s structure; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Site and usage details.
Electriq Power collects this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to Electriq Power.
- Automatically as you navigate through and use the functionality of the Sites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, Electriq Power business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information collected on or through the Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site or setting up the “Energy Management System”. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Sites, subscribing to the “Energy Management System”, posting material, or requesting further services or product information. Electriq Power may also ask you for information when you report a problem with a Site or service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact Electriq Power.
- Your responses to surveys that Electriq Power might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with the Site, Electriq Power may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Site, including location data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information Electriq Power collects automatically is statistical data and does may not include Personal Information, however, Electriq Power may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information collected in other ways or receive from third parties. This helps Electriq Power to improve the Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by allowing Electriq Power to:
- Estimate the audience size and usage patterns and speed up searches and improve Site responsiveness.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing Electriq Power to customize the Sites according to your individual interests and recognize you when you return to the Site.
To enhance your online experience, Electriq Power uses “cookies”, “web beacons” and/or other tracking technologies. Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies and other tracking technologies are used to understand service and Internet usage and to improve or customize the products, content and offerings. For example, cookies may be used to personalize your experience at the Site (e.g., to recognize you by name when you return to a Service) or save your password in password-protected areas. Electriq Power or a third party platform with whom Electriq Power works may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized content, offers or services on the Site.
How We Use Your Information
Electriq Power uses information that is collected about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present the Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services or respond to other questions or inquiries as you request from Electriq Power.
- To provide you with notices about your account or purchased products, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out Electriq Power’s obligations, such as warranty services, and enforce Electriq Power’s rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Site or any products or services Electriq Power offers or provides though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Site.
- In any other way Electriq Power may describe when you provide the information and for any purposes with your consent.
- In addition, the “Energy Management System” also uses your information in the following ways:
- Aggregation of power usage trends and history over a geographical area of in a utility district or by zip code;
- General trends of power usage over time periods; and
- Identification and analysis of appliance usage.
- However, such analysis shall not identify you using Personal Information when used by Electriq Power with business partners.
Disclosure of Your Information
Electriq Power may disclose aggregated information about Electriq Power users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To Electriq Power subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties used to support Electriq Power’s business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep the personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which it is disclosed to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Electriq Power ‘s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Electriq Power about the Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it or for any other purpose disclosed by Electriq Power when you provide the information and/or with your consent.
Electriq Power may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to a government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply Electriq Power’s Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If Electriq Power believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Electriq Power, Electriq Power customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Electriq Power strives to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to Electriq Power. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Electriq Power to promote Electriq Power and/or third party products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which Electriq Power collects your data or at any other time by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected] If Electriq Power has sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send Electriq Power an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to Electriq Power. It may be that Electriq Power cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. Electriq Power may not accommodate a request to change information if Electriq Power believes the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding Electriq Power’s disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to legal @Electriqpower.com or write us at: 14451 Catalina St.
San Leandro, CA 94577, attn: Legal
Electriq Power has implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. If Electriq Power have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Electriq Power asks you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Electriq Power will do its best to protect your information, Electriq Power cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Site circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.