- Electriq offline or through any other means, including on any other site operated by Electriq or any third party (including Electriq affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including Electriq affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Digital Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Electriq collects several types of information from and about users of our products and services, including information:
- by which you or your household may be identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information the site collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you or your household, such as your home electricity usage, your utility and/or solar installation /production information, and other information about your home’s attributes; and/or
- concerning your internet connection, as well as the equipment and software you use to access the Digital Services.
Information You Provide Us
Electriq collects the following information from you, when you provide it to us:
- Information you provide when filling in forms using the Digital Services or setting up the ESS;
- Information you provide when posting material using the Digital Services;
- Information you provide about your ESS (including state of charge, energy flows from various electricity sources, and ownership and financing information);
- Information you provide when requesting further services or product information;
- Information you provide when you report a problem with a product or service;
- Records/copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us; and/or
- Your responses to surveys that we may ask you to complete.
Information We Collect Automatically
Electriq automatically collects certain information when you use the Digital Services. With respect to the Digital Services, we collect such information through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. Such Digital Services information includes:
- Details of your visits and usage of the Digital Services, including location data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website or application; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type;
Electriq also automatically collects certain information when your ESS is online. Such ESS information includes:
- Your household’s energy consumption and related energy data;
- The performance of the ESS; and
- Information about your internet connection associated with the ESS’s online activities, including your IP address.
Other Information We Collect
We may also collect a variety of information about the ESS or your home from various sources in connection with installations, maintenance activities, or other activities related to the system. Such information may include any of the information identified above, as well as the dimensions of a particular room, the configuration of your electric system, number of products installed, and serial number(s).
Information We Collect From Third Parties
We may also collect any of the foregoing information from third parties, such as from a certified installer, your electric utility, or from one of our other business partners.
* * *
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that is collected about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information for the following:
- To present the Digital Services, as well as their contents, to you;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Digital Services;
- To provide you with information about our products or services, or respond to other inquiries from you;
- To provide you with notices about your account or purchased products or services, including expiration and renewal notices;
- For general maintenance purposes of the ESS, including to send firmware updates and security patches;
- To monitor the performance of the ESS and offer remote diagnostics support, or other services related to the ESS;
- To carry out Electriq’s obligations to you or third parties, such as grid services agreements and warranty services, as well as to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To provide you and other users with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising for our products and services;
- For other business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and services, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business; and
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information and for any other purposes with your consent.
In addition, we use information automatically collected from the ESS (“ESS Data”) the following ways:
- Aggregation of power usage, trends, and history including over a geographical area, utility district, or zip code, or other defined attribute that includes more than one ESS;
- General trends of power usage over time periods; and
- Identification and analysis of appliance usage.
The use of such ESS Data shall not identify you using Personal Information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share aggregated information about Electriq users, as well as information that is not Personal Information, without restriction.
We may share Personal Information that we collect from you as follows:
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- With contractors, service providers, and other third parties used to support our business, so long as they are bound by contractual obligations to keep the Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which it is disclosed to them;
- Although we do not sell your information, we may share your information with our online or email advertisers or other third-party vendors to manage or improve our online and email advertising campaigns;
- With a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred; and
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information and/or with your consent.
Electriq may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to a government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Electriq to receive promotions regarding Electriq’s and/or third party products or services, you can opt-out by: (1) checking the relevant box located on the form on which Electriq collects your data; or (2) at any other time by logging into the website or application and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes. You can also contact us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
You may contact us through your user account, or pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below, to request access to, or correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. It may be that we cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we reasonably believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents have a right to knowledge, access, and deletion of their Personal Information under California law. Additionally, California residents have a right to opt out of the selling of Personal Information or sharing such information for cross-context behavioral advertising. California residents also have a right not to be discriminated against for exercising one of their California privacy rights. Electriq does not sell your Personal Information or share it for cross-context behavioral advertising, and does not discriminate in response to privacy rights requests.
Electriq has implemented reasonable and appropriate measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Additionally, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. If we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Digital Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
To enhance our Digital Services, we use “cookies”, “web beacons” and/or other tracking technologies. Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies and other tracking technologies are used to understand service and Internet usage and to improve or customize our products, content and offerings. For example, cookies may be used to personalize your experience at our website (e.g., to recognize you by name when you return) or save your password in password-protected areas. We or a third party platform with whom we work may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized content, offers or services on our website.
The Digital Services may contain links to third parties who partner with us. If you use those links, these third parties may collect information about you. We do not control third-party links or how these third parties collect and use your Personal Information. If you have any questions about their privacy practices, you should view their privacy policies and/or contact those third parties directly.
MINORS AND PRIVACY
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct our products and services to, nor do we knowingly collect any Personal Information from, children under the age of sixteen. If we learn that a child under the age of sixteen has provided Personal Information to us, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files.
HOW TO CONTACT US
For questions or comments, to opt out from certain services, or to submit a data privacy request, please contact us by:
- Sending an email to [email protected]; or
- Writing us at: 14451 Catalina St., San Leandro, CA 94577, attn: Legal.