Energy Storage and Inverter Hardware Product Engineer
ElectrIQ Power, Inc. Hayward, CA USA
Why Work Here?
“ElectrIQ Power, Inc. is dedicated to developing best-in-class solutions for a cleaner, more proactive world.”
Summary of Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for working with the contract manufacturer to prepare for manufacturing a firmware controlled Lithium-ion energy storage and hybrid inverter system. This includes developing, documenting, training and implementing automated tests that analyze these systems to verify their performance. You will write, implement and debug control algorithms using programming languages such as Python, C or C++ on Linux platform.
You will use “hands-on” skills to use basic tools like connector crimpers, drills, and saws to prototype assemblies and train manufacturing personnel on assembly techniques and procedures.
You will apply designs to develop new products within the guidelines of development plans established and approved by the Company.
Design, programming, prototyping and management of projects making a market contribution to the company’s products. Establish protocol and conduct or supervise tests to determine functionality of prototypes. Product development from concept/prototype phases through product launch. Analysis of the hazards associated with new and modified products. Documentation of development process in accordance with ISO and Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines.
Not applicable except as assigned by management.
Primary interactions are with the contract manufacturer, Sales, and Operations groups. Assists with documentation; drawings, diagrams, charts, etc. as needed. Often, engineers are required to interact with customers, solar installers and distributors in the process of evaluating devices, products, and procedures. Other interactions are required as designated by management.
Engineers are generally expected to make decisions within the scope of the development of a product. Decision making responsibilities include, but are not limited to software specification, system architecture, system optimization, component specification, electronic tools, pricing, and vendor selection and cost analysis.
Project supervision to meet milestones. Supervision of technicians and other company resources as required by the specific project.
Education and Experience:
• MS Preferred, BSEE Required or equivalent experience.
• 5-6 years experience in Lithium-ion energy storage system development, preferably in UL and IEC regulated environments.
• Previous experience in process development, new product designs, testing, setting up electronic tools, bench studies, and interacting with customers in field for product enhancement.
Knowledge / Skills:
• Small Linux platform Embedded Systems, Analog & Digital I/O and driver firmware.
• DC to DC Converter and Hybrid Inverters and Associated Hardware
• ARM processors running a Linux distribution, such as Raspbian.
• Use open-source electronics platforms, like Arduino, to prototype and test I/O product interface concepts
• Design, build, and test basic PCBs using tools like Autodesk EAGLE.
• Power Disaggregation Concepts and Algorithms
• Strong hands-on work style.
• Independent and detail-oriented.
• Knowledgeable in product development process.
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexible, and can work effective as a team player.
Reports to: CTO
Date: Monday, October 1, 2018
Calling the big idea thinkers, the hands-on doers—we’re ElectrIQ Power, a leader in the cleantech industry. We believe in the granular and the big picture, the art and the science, the team and the individual, the work and the life. As our business grows, we grow together. We could not do this without the expertise of truly innovative people.
ElectrIQ Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination against any applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please attach a resume to your application.